Android is resolutely abrasive Apple’s iOS in the smartphone ad wars, according to a inform expelled Thursday by mobile promotion definite Millennial Media.
The report, formed on what Millennial Media identifies as “carrier, device and campaign information composed over billions of monthly ad requests,” says that Android gadgets accounted for 46 per cent of mobile ad requesst in the fourth entertain of 2010 ” the initial time Google’s open source OS had transfered Apple’s iOS gadgets on the Millennial network.
Devices formed on iOS ” inclusive the iPad ” accounted for 32 per cent of ad requests, whilst RIM pulled in 16 per cent.
Android-based ad requests grew 141 per cent from the third to fourth entertain of 2010; during the same period, iOS ad requests grew only 12 per cent.
Android smartphones proposed bit by bit after the foreword of T-Mobile’s G1 in September 2008, and began to take off only after Motorola and Verizon vigorously advertised the Droid in late 2009. At this time final year, however, Android smartphones began to make their pierce ” and, according to Millennial Media, Android-based ad requests increased a towering 3,130 per cent during 2010.
Apple’s iOS gadgets increased 14 per cent during the same period.
The iPhone, however, waste the number-one ad platform, with 12.45 per cent of all of Millennial Media’s mobile-device ad placements. Apple’s iPod hold is number three, with 6.47 per cent, sandwiching RIM’s BlackBerry Curve, that is number two at 6.55 per cent.
After the tip three, the Android takeover begins, with the HTC Nexus One (Passion) at number four, Motorola Droid at number five, and so on. Among Millennial’s tip 30 mobile devices, 16 are Android-based ” and 9 are from HTC.
Keep in thoughts that these aren’t pristine market-share figures ” the could only be gritty by counting how many of any sort of smartphone are in US smartphoners’ pockets, and not by possibly counting how many have left the assembly lines or, in Millennial’s case, by how many ads are being served to them.
But the inform does indicate, and show clearly, that the Android juggernaut is real, and that Apple and its iOS gadgets are feeling the heat.
- Millennial Media: Android Revenue Exceeds IPhone Ad Sales; IPad Up 316 Percent In Q3
- Millennial Media: Android Ad Requests Up 996 Percent Since January
- Android, IPad Ads Getting More Clicks
- Millennial: Android Mobile Ad Impressions Up 48 Percent, IOS Remains Flat
- The Fragmented Mobile Information Race
- Coder Android Love (nearly) Matches IPhone Lust
- Verizon IPhone Boosts Apple’s Ad Network Share
- Google Shamed By Apple In Race To HTML5
- What’s Behind Android’s Race To No. 1?
- Google’s Android Passes Nokia’s Symbian To Become Best Selling Smart Phone OS
- Bits: The Smartphone Race Heats Up
- Apps Fuel Mobile Games Sales Bonanza
- Singtel Announces IPad 2 Ship Date As Customer Base Passes 400 Mill
- Coders Tip Google Android For Eclipse Of The Steve
- Xmas Heralds Bumper Tablet Shipments
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013