Autodesk has sealed an consent to pick up Socialcam, the renouned Facebook video-sharing app, for roughly $60 million, the two companies suggested currently .
Autodesk, a firm that creates 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software, will concentration on assisting the startup grow. This contract is approaching to shut soon.
“Autodesk will prioritize encouragement is to existing Socialcam community, whilst investing in scaling the stage and building a more thorough set of collection for Socialcam users,” the firm mentioned in a press release. “Autodesk moreover skeleton to use the Socialcam stage to help make its Academy Award-winning technology for veteran movie and video creators more attainable to a broader audience.”
Socialcam is an app and Web-based service that allows users to record, edit, and share videos easily. Since it launched in Mar 2011 , the apps have had 16 million downloads in both the iOS and Android markets. Socialcam has an easy upload routine — the video starts to upload as shortly as you beginning recording — and is uniformly integrated with Facebook.
All Things D points out that the firm was not on the marketplace for long, a pointer of the amicable app’s success and potential.
The Socialcam organisation seems vehement about the purchase, observant Autodesk’s cat-like reputation.
“If you haven’t listened of Autodesk, that’s may since the firm is most appropriate well known for its veteran collection for pattern and visualization. But their assignment is to help everyone imagine, pattern and emanate a improved world,” the firm wrote in its blog . “Autodesk has a proven follow record of appropriation and scaling fast-growing, early stage consumer businesses whilst staying loyal to their core assembly and vision. Recently, with products similar to SketchBook and Pixlr, they’re creation their endowment winning technology attainable to millions of people around the world by discerning web, mobile and amicable platforms. We fit in correct there–helping people around the world capture, create, perspective and share video in actual time, anyplace they are.”
- Socialcam Crosses 2M Downloads, Adds (Wait For It…) Video Filters!
- Socialcam: Further Proof That You Folks Really Like Your Filters
- How To Share Mobile Video With Friends With Socialcam
- DannyB’s Favorite Techdirt Posts Of The Week
- Remains Of The Day: Mint Data Exposes What Other People Are Spending At Your Favorite Haunts [For What Its Worth]
- Study Confirms: Some People Are Way Too Invested In Their Favorite Brand
- Friday Poll: What’s Your Favorite App Store?
- Facebook’s New Mobile News Feed Has Instagram’s Fingerprints All Over It [Facebook]
- Facebook Tears Wraps Off Its Own App Store
- Facebook Messenger Mixes Your Facebook Inbox With Group SMS, So You Can Get A Hold Of Just About Anyone [Downloads]
- Blaktron’s Favorite Techdirt Posts Of The Week
- Ask DLS: What’s Your Favorite Mobile App At The Moment?
- CNET 100: Scott Webster’s Favorite Android Apps
- Facebook Announces Plans To Kill Beluga
- Facebook To Shelve Beluga Messenger In December
- OK Go’s Damian Kulash Explains Why His Band Built Its Own Mobile Game
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?