I’m not certain we similar to the name, but Belkin has done a astonishment access in to the place-shifting auditorium with @TV Plus, a $149.99 set-top box that allows your to river video from your home TV to your inscription , smartphone, or laptop over WiFi or a 3G/4G mobile connection.
Belkin creates no skeleton about it: this is a executive contestant to Slingbox , that was acquired by EchoStar a couple of years ago and has languished a bit whilst progressing the widespread location in the niche place-shifting market.
Like the Slingbox, @TV Plus functions with both typical and high-definition programming and can link up and manage multi-part sources, such as a digital line box, heavenly body receiver, or DVD player. Belkin says its underline set is comparable to the Slingbox Pro-HD , that retails for $299.
The a large value @TV Plus has over Slingbox is that it’s Wi-Fi enabled, so you’re not paltry by a connected Ethernet connection. Belkin moreover says that it can record live TV right away to a mobile device for observation when not connected to Wi-Fi or a information network. Interesting.
@TV Plus functions with the @TV mobile app, that will existing for both iOS and Android platforms when the product ships around July 15. The @TV app is giveaway for tablets and $12.99 for smartphones.
Here’s a rapid look at the underline highlights:
Watch live and recorded TV wherever your tablet, smartphone, or laptop can access Wi-Fi, 3G, or 4G
Streams typical and HD programming
Record right away on mobile devices
Easy-to-use Channel Guide with appropriate roller for easy scrolling
Wi-Fi enabled: Compatible with all Wi-Fi enabled tablets, smartphones, and laptops
Works with the @TV app
Compatible with both Mac and Windows PCs, Android, and iOS devices
No extra monthly service fees
Availability: July 15
While we usually saw the device streaming video over a WiFi connection (yes, it was smooth), we didn’t see the set-up process, that Belkin reps claimed was simpler than the set up for Slingbox. We should be getting a examination section shortly and will have a examination up before the product ships. On the aspect at least, it looks similar to a a really appealing substitute to Slingbox. But I’ll wait for to use it in a real-world mood (rather than a tranquil press demo) before creation any more judgments.
- Toshiba Debuts Android-powered Folio 100 Tablet
- Would-be ITunes Competitor Pending App Store Approval
- Apple Unveils IPhone 4S; Debuts Voice-Activated Assistant (Updated)
- Google To Develop Flipboard Competitor?
- Samsung Debuts Milky Way Tab Android Tablet; Can It Out-price IPad?
- IGG Software, IBank And Its Climb From One-man Shop To Intuit Competitor
- American Express To Launch Serve, A PayPal Competitor
- Exclusive: Drawing App For Artists Debuts On Android Tablets
- Using A Tablet As A Laptop, It’s A Just In Case Thing
- HTC Debuts New Desire Android Smartphones
- With Square In Its Sights, PayPal Debuts Mobile-Payment Hardware
- FPse PlayStation Emulator Debuts On The Android Market
- Weezy Bluetooth Music Receiver Plays Tunes From Phones, Laptops On Your Stereo
- Fonera SIMPL Router Now On Sale For $49, Moving Quickly To Telcos
- Novero Solana Laptop And Tablet Hybrid Introduced
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013
Another readers interested about this :
Powered by Article Dashboard at&t satellite internet, Powered by Article Dashboard laptop deals retail stores