More worry for BlackBerry as other US group announces it will start gift Apple and Android handsets to its workers, to one side BlackBerry phones.
We are unaware precisely what the one-time Research In Motion co-CEOs Mike Lazaridis and Jim Balsillie have been carrying out given they stepped down from the tip work final month, but if they wish to keep their highlight levels down, it’s may wiser for them to take periodic strolls in the local playing field than outlay as well sufficient time getting more information the news.
According to a Bloomberg inform on Tuesday, the US government’s principal buying agency, the General Services Administration (GSA), will start arising its employees with iPhones to one side Blackberry devices.
GSA orator Deborah Ruiz told Bloomberg that any of its more than 12,000 employees will be able to inquire for Apple or Android gadgets if the phones have applications that will enable them to work more efficiently.
RIM says it still has more than one million supervision customers even though with this ultimate statement from the GSA, the company’s new CEO Thorsten Heins will be more than a small concerned, mainly as the switch seems to be segment of a flourishing trend.
Last week, for example, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration ” a supervision group anxious with investigate in to weather, oceans and fisheries ” mentioned that starting in May it would start giving its workers iPhones, replacing the now used BlackBerry devices.
A couple of days before that, oil hulk Halliburton mentioned it had moreover done the preference to pierce divided from RIM’s handsets in favor of the done by other marketplace leaders. Credit Suisse, Barclays Capital and Standard Chartered have moreover done identical announcements.
While sales of BlackBerry handsets are obviously carrying out flattering well in rising markets, they fell a unpleasant 45 percent in the US in the final quarter. If more US businesses follow in the footsteps of Halliburton and others, things will usually obtain worse for RIM in the US market.
RIM has suffered not long ago in the face of difficult contest from Apple’s iPhone and gadgets powered by Google’s Android OS. It’s moreover had leading problems perplexing to obtain consumers meddlesome in its PlayBook inscription and hurt many of its BlackBerry customers final October when it took 3 days to put together a service outage .
It seems that the company’s future success rests mostly on its next-generation of phones running the BlackBerry 10 working system, approaching after that this year. Between now and then, RIM management team will must be find a way to branch the waves of businesses switching to substitute mobile devices.
- Ex-RIM CEO Lazaridis To Buy $50M In Additional Stock
- Poor RIM: Earnings Fall Short, 4G BlackBerry PlayBook Delayed
- Rumor: BlackBerry Messenger To Land In The App Store On April 26
- Wall Street’s Reaction To RIM’s New CEO: Who Cares?
- RIM’s CEO Tag Team Has To Go Before It’s Too Late
- US Army Opts For Android Over IPhone
- IPhone And BlackBerry Brought Down In Hacker Competition
- IPhone And BlackBerry Browsers Fall At Pwn2Own
- Dropbox Comes To BlackBerry; Updates For IPhone, Android
- RIM’s Balsillie Predicts ‘highly Successful’ PlayBook Launch, Expands App Ecosystem
- Blackberry Boss Renews Disdain For Steve Jobs
- BlackBerry Buzz: Is The New Bold A Real IPhone Rival?
- DealBook: BlackBerry Maker RIM Again Subject Of Takeover Talk
- 10 Fixes For RIM To Avoid ‘chaos’
- Clorox Ditches BlackBerry, 92 Percent Of Employees Replace It With IPhone
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013