October 12, 2011 10:30 AM PDT
The Good: The Bowers Wilkins C5 earphones offer clean, detailed, innate sound with parsimonious bass. They underline an integrated microphone with navigation controls for cell-phone use, and an pretty industrial pattern with an innovative tractable Secure Loop keeps the earphones safely in your ears.
The Bad: The Secure Loop pattern isn’t zodiacally cozy (doesn’t work good in all ears) and the in-line remote is written to work usually with Apple iOS devices, not Android smartphones.
The Bottom Line: While the Secure Loop pattern might not be a best fit for every ear, the Bowers Wilkins C5s are amid the best-sounding earphones in their sub-$200 cost class.
Read the full examination
- Klipsch Image S4A Headphones
- Bedphones: Headphones Designed For Sleep
- Apple Patent Puts You In Control Of Noise Cancellation, Hints At IPad Speakerphone
- Nox Audio Admiral Touch Preview: The Wireless Noise-canceling Surround Headset With Android 2.1
- Bits Blog: HTC Unveils Rezound, A Phone With Beats Headphones In The Box
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013