Android handsets are scarcely as renouned as the iPhone amid mobile app developers, according to a new study.
The ultimate mobile consult from IDC and Appcelerator ” the clothes whose Titantium pack lets developers erect mobile applications with normal web collection ” indicates that 87 per cent of mobile developers are “very interested” in building for Android phones, compared to the 92 per cent who uncover identical fascination in the iPhone. Carried out between January 10 and 12, the consult tapped the smarts of 2,235 Appcelerator Titanium developers.
The new consult moreover shows flourishing fascination in Android tablets amid developers, with 74 per cent adage they were really meddlesome in building for Android tablets, compared to 87 per cent eyeing the Apple iPad. That’s a 12 per cent jump for Android tablets. Since the final study, Samsung expelled its Milky Way Android tablet, and dozens of other Android tablets were voiced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Developers, according to the survey, are moreover display larger fascination in the as-yet-unreleased BlackBerry PlayBook. PlayBook fascination scarcely doubled, taking flight from 16 per cent to 28. Interest in the as-yet-nonexistent webOS inscription stayed prosaic at 16 per cent.
But whilst consult respondents are display great fascination in smartphones and tablets, they’re display reduction in new-age related TV platforms. Interest in Google TV fascination forsaken 11 per cent to 33, and Apple TV fascination forsaken 10 per cent to 30.
- Amazon’s Kindle Fire: The Android Tablet Developers Love Most
- Survey: IPhone Retention Rate At 94%, Interest In IPhone 5 High
- More IPhone Than Android Owners Want Mobile Wallets
- Microsoft’s Pledges Mobile Open Source Love
- Porn And Pirates Hide Android’s Money Maker
- Many IPhone Owners Run Apps Before Getting Out Of Bed
- Almost Half Of IOS Developers Surveyed Also Code For Android
- Sony Ericsson Still Making Money, To Some Surprise
- Coders Tip Google Android For Eclipse Of The Steve
- Android Passes IPhone In Mobile Ad Race
- Smartphone Buyers Want Apple, Android
- Love Lure Malware Turns Up At Android Marketplace
- Logitech’s Google TV Box Matches Apple TV At $99
- Xmas Heralds Bumper Tablet Shipments
- Verizon IPhone Preorders Sold Out, New VZW IPhone Ad Debuts
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013