At last, somebody, someplace will sell a realistic substitute to the iPod Touch.
Apple has had the phone-less slot P.C. marketplace to itself ever given September 2007. This is about to change, interjection to Samsung’s Milky Way Player, a non-cell chronicle of its super-successful Milky Way S .
Samsung got a rsther than crappier Galaxy-branded media player in to European stores final year, but this a is the actual deal. It sports a span of cameras (3.2 megapixels on back and a VGA webcam up front), Bluetooth, GPS, a microSD card slot, a 1-GHz processor and Android 2.2 Froyo.
The shade is 4 inches diagonally, bigger than the Touch, but with a descend fortitude of 800 x 480 (the Touch boasts a 960 x 640 “Retina” display). The Player is moreover thicker than the Touch – 9.9 mm against 7.2 mm – but this is expected how Samsung manages to fit in a improved camera and a separable battery.
Pricing has nonetheless to be revealed, but you know what sizes the player will advance in: 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB. More to advance from CES, that is reduction than two weeks away.
Samsung confirms Milky Way Player, will showcase at CES 2011 [Samsung Hub]
Samsung Milky Way Player, Better Than iPod Touch?
Samsung Milky Way Tab: Cheaper Than iPad, But Not Really
Boom! Samsung Sells 1 Million Milky Way Tabs
Samsung Sells Five Million Milky Way S Phones
- Galaxy Player Vs. IPod Touch: Specs Compared
- CES: Samsung’s 4-inch Milky Way Player To Challenge IPod Touch
- VLC Media Player Coming To IPhone And IPod Touch
- Samsung Milky Way Player 4 And 5 Coming In Spring
- RIM’s Android App Player Gets An Early Debut
- Archos 32 Is Android’s Answer To IPod Touch
- Android Holds The Key To Samsungs Smart TV Plans
- Nintendo 3DS Sales Affected By IPod Touch And IPad, Says IHS ISuppli
- Samsung Smart Touch Android Remote App Is Now Available For Download
- Galaxy Nexus Built To Avoid Apple Patents
- IPod’s Mission Accomplished: Zune Is Declared Dead
- Galaxy S II Graphics Fastest Among Android Phones–report
- Hands-On With Samsung’s Milky Way S Sequel, The Epic 4G Touch
- Galaxy Nexus Specs Leak Just Ahead Of Tonight’s Launch [Galaxy Nexus]
- CES 2011 Rumor Roundup
- OK Go’s Damian Kulash Explains Why His Band Built Its Own Mobile Game
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?