Users of the Samsung Captivate, ATT’s chronicle of the Samsung Milky Way S, have been stranded with a rather messy and badly cart Android 2.1 let go until not long ago when ATT voiced that at last the phone will take the refurbish it was betrothed last year.
As referred to formerly , user frustrations with purchasing a device on the stage were secure in massively behind updates leaving you versions behind the stream Android release. Within two months of users at last getting the update, Android 2.4 is set for let go in to the wild. Users can usually pretence an refurbish to 2.3, if it happens at all, will advance around the time 2.5 is ready.
In demand to take this update, you must be download Samsung Kies Mini, a not as big and reduction desktop-looking chronicle of Samsung’sproprietarysyncing and refurbish program. At the time this essay is written, this application appears done to work usually on Windows machines, even though Mac users have reported CrossOver for OS X has worked, permitting them to make the update.
Before you sync the phone and start the refurbish process, it must be charged to at least 80-90% before the module will enable the refurbish to take place. This is done due to the chance of a deceased battery causing the phone to spin in to a invalid paperweight.
Once you block the phone in to the USB line related to your machine, clear the phone and select “Firmware Update” as the sync option. Kies Mini will then examine your phone’s stream firmware chronicle and a considerable symbol on the descend left plot of the window patrician “Phone Upgrade” will light up. Simply click it, agree to conditions and conditions, and start the refurbish process.
At this time, you have about 5-10 mins before anything else needs to be done. During the update, the phone’s shade will manifestation assorted screens inclusive a with a hulk yellow bell pointer reminding you not to unplug or spin off the phone until the routine is complete. Once the Samsung Kies window indicates the refurbish is complete, you’re ready to go.
While the routine is often non-destructive, it’s critical to recollect to back up your critical photos, videos, and contacts previous to upgrading your phone’s OS. If all goes precisely as planned, the usually action compulsory is the deputy of your shortcuts and widgets. Programs, email, and browser settings defended their configurations after the upgrade.
Helpful Link: Samsung Kies Mini Download
- Is Samsung Purposefully Holding Off On A Froyo Update?
- Samsung Milky Way Tabs Getting Android 2.3 Gingerbread
- Samsung Gem Review: Edgy Personality In A Basic Froyo Phone
- The Latest Scoop On Android Phones And Froyo
- Samsung Epic 4G’s Froyo Update Now Available, No Need To Wait For OTA
- Sprint Plays The Green Card, Drops $10 Data Surcharge On Froyo-based Samsung Replenish
- Use The Android 2.3 Gingerbread Launcher On Your Froyo Device
- Angry Birds To Get In The Holiday Spirit With Free Upgrade
- Google TV Receives (much Needed) Upgrade
- Angry Birds XMas To Be Free Upgrade To Halloween Edition
- Your Froyo Tablet Probably Won’t Support Android Market
- Samsung Nexus S For AT&T Coming July 24
- New Study Says Almost Half Of IPhone Owners Plan To Upgrade To The 4S
- Archos Unleashes Five (five!) New Android Froyo Tablets, We Go Hands-on
- X10 AirPad Puts An Android Tablet At Less Than $200
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013