As chipmakers outing over any other to publicize inscription -centric chips make-up 4 estimate engines, it’s not hard to see where a product similar to the Motorola Xoom is headed.
Where? The same opening space a mainstream laptop occupies now. A striking Nvidia expelled to CNET shows its next-generation Tegra processor surpassing Intel’s Core 2 Duo processor (the fragment used in many, if not most, laptops today) in performance.
And Nvidia is claiming benchmarks back up this (see second embedded video below). Benchmarks aside, it’s easy to suppose a future Motorola Xoom inscription rebellious picture estimate with inclination that is similar or improved than a Core 2 Duo-based laptop.
“Today at Mobile World Congress, you demonstrated [a quad-core Tegra] running in an Android tablet,” Mike Rayfield, executive of Nvidia’s mobile business, wrote in a blog currently . “This wasn’t your median extraordinary video. It was 1440p video calm running on a 2560?1600 panel. That will capacitate mobile gadgets to outlay to the top fortitude monitors or tablets versed with a 10.1-inch manifestation with 300 DPI.”
Can tablets hoop these PC-like estimate engines? Rayfield mentioned currently that customers (which currently add Motorola, Samsung, Toshiba, and LG) are ready for all the estimate muscle that Nvidia can muster. “You might good ask, what on earth may be completed with scarcely 75x alleviation in opening over Tegra 2 that Stark [future processor] will give in 2014? Our customers and allies have already indicated that they’re assured they can use all you give them,” he wrote.
Nvidia posted a short demo (first video below) of what a quad-core tablet’s shade might look similar to drifting by graphics-intensive Web sites. Pretty snappy. And, again, not as well ample of a widen to suppose a future Xoom make-up this type of punch.
Needless to say, Nvidia is perplexing to set a high-water spot that rivals similar to Apple will have to tie in to stay competitive.
So, when is that Apple A6 processor due?
- Nvidia Touts Quad-core Kal-El Chip In Android Tablet
- Rumor: The HTC Edge Might Be The World’s First Quad-core Phone
- Motorola Xoom Set For Preorders At Best Buy
- Carphone Warehouse Makes Motorola Xoom Cheaper
- $800 Will Buy You An Android 3.0 Tablet: The Motorola XOOM
- WiFi-Only Motorola Xoom Coming On Mar 27
- Transformer Prime Detailed: 10-inch Super IPS+ Display, 12-hour Battery And Quad-core Tegra 3, Ships In December For $499
- Motorola Tablet Taps Nvidia For 3D
- Report: Motorola Xoom, HTC Thunderbolt Due This Month
- Imagining A Future MacBook
- Imagining A Future MacBook
- Would You Buy A Motorola Xoom Tablet?
- Rumor: Samsung To Release 2GHz Dual-core Phone, As Powerful As Some PCs
- Motorola Prices WiFi-only Xoom At 450 In The UK (update: 700 In Germany With 3G)
- LG Optimus 2X Dual Core Android Smartphone
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013