The LG Lucid ($79.99) might be a bill Android smartphone for Verizon Wireless, but it never seems inexpensive. It wasn’t too long ago that 4G LTE data, 1080p video recording, and a dual-core processor were deliberate high-end, even if slicing corner handsets are only right away relocating past those specs. That creates the Lucid a great selection if you don’t need the full fastest speeds or ultimate features, but don’t wish to skip out on anything critical either.
Design and Call Quality
The LG Lucid measures 4.69 by 2.45 by 0.45 inches (HWD) and weighs 5 ounces. The bombard is done wholly of shiny plastic, and appears completely black from the front. There’s an attractive, maroon-colored discolor on the slim back row that gives the Lucid a classier, more unclouded look, at least from that angle.
The 4-inch IPS potion capacitive hold shade is done of Gorilla Glass, and sports a typical-for-Android 800-by-480-pixel resolution. The manifestation is pertinently splendid and colorful, if not as clear or with as low blacks as a Super AMOLED panel. The Lucid supports lots of gestures, inclusive flipping the device to tongue-tied the incoming call, snoozing the alarm, or pausing video playback, together with drumming on the sides of the device to allege the cursor in possibly citation whilst typing; we had difficulty triggering the side motions, though.
For typing, you obtain a selection of possibly LG’s default set of keys or Swype. Typing in mural and landscape modes was easy in my tests, but the predictive content still needs work. For the typo “laxy,” we saw 5 primary suggestions, nothing of that were “lazy” even even though the z is right next to the x, and it capitalized difference automatically that weren’t correct names.
The Lucid hits dual-band EV-DO Rev A (850/1900 MHz) and single-band 4G LTE (700MHz) speeds with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. The phone moreover functions as a mobile hotspot for up to 10 gadgets over LTE, or 5 over 3G, with the apt information plan. Voice high quality was good, with a full, deafening tinge in the earpiece, and clear transmissions by the microphone. Reception was an situation during my tests; we listened lots of dropouts and computerized syllables, since calls to the same figures with an Apple iPhone 4 on Verizon in the same mark didn’t vaunt these problems. Calls sounded excellent by a Jawbone Era headphone ($129, 4.5 stars) and voice dialing worked well over Bluetooth. The speakerphone was a disappointment, with only median earn and an scarcely tinny and severe timbre. The 1700mAh battery is great for a plain 6 hours and 43 mins of speak time.
Hardware, Android, and Apps
The dual-core 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8660 CPU and 1GB RAM is right away typical transport for stream Android phones. Our benchmark tests array it rounded off homogeneous with comparably versed dual-core Android phones-which means fast, normally speaking, solely for infrequent imbecility in the user interface and in scrolling up and down Web pages, that we’ve seen on lots of Android devices. The bad accepting remarkable on top of might fool around a purpose with information speeds, too-I saw an median of 7Mbps down and only 1.5 Mbps up in a series of tests, that is a few Mbps descend than what the more-expensive LG Spectrum ($199.99, 3.5 stars) achieved.
The LG Lucid is nonetheless other of a slew of phones attack the marketplace with the comparison Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) OS, that is frustrating. Verizon promises an ascent to Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), but hasn’t set a date yet. There are 5 home screens you can swipe between, and LG’s customized notifications club offers one-touch settings is to phone’s assorted radios. You’ll moreover find LG’s collapsible categories in the principal menu, that helps if you similar to organisation icons, but it can’t be incited off if you don’t.
As far as bundled apps, LG throws in a duplicate of Polaris, that is a document-editing apartment for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files. Verizon moreover preloads Netflix and Kindle apps, cordons off its bloatware in to a singular menu category. You moreover obtain Google Maps Navigation for free, voice-enabled, turn-by-turn GPS directions. The Lucid shares media wirelessly to DLNA-enabled devices, even though we are unaware how many people obviously use this feature. You moreover obtain access to Google Play (formerly the Android Market), with its 400,000+ array of third-party apps, together with books, music, and movies.
Multimedia, Camera, and Conclusions
There’s 4GB of giveaway inner storage for media, in addition to 1.34GB of giveaway network mental recall for installing apps. There’s moreover a microSD card container underneath the battery cover; my 32GB SanDisk card worked fine. Music marks sounded clear by Samsung Modus HM6450 Bluetooth headphones ($99, 4 stars), and the mutated song player displayed outrageous manuscript art screens and a jukebox perspective in landscape mode. Google Play Music is preloaded, that gives you access to millions of tracks, cloud-based storage, and cheap MP3 purchases. Our typical apartment of assessment cinema played uniformly in full shade mode and looked bustling at resolutions up to 1080p, and inclusive H.264, DivX, and XviD files.
The 5-megapixel auto-focus camera features an LED flash, face tracking, and geotagging, but no picture stabilization. Test photos looked sharp, despite with a somewhat cold cast. In lower-light settings, concentration was a bit softer, and sum were mislaid in dim areas, but the amount of sound was acceptable. Recorded 1920-by-1080-pixel and 1280-by-720-pixel videos played uniformly at 29 frames per second, although they looked a small dark, and the insufficient of picture stabilization done the 1080p video in specific look a bit jumpy. You can record and amend 1080p high-definition videos right on the handset using Video Producer, a simple moviemaking app, and there’s moreover a front-facing camera for video chats.
It’s difficult to mistake the Lucid quite on specs. For a budget-priced Android phone, it’s quite impressive, and closer to what was called high-end only 6 months ago, even if it falls a bit prosaic with voice calls and LTE information speeds. Consider this: The Lucid surely destroys the Samsung Illusion ($79.99, 3 stars), that has a sufficient descend fortitude screen, a single-core processor, and lacks 4G LTE support. On the other hand, the LG Spectrum bumps the Lucid’s manifestation to a overwhelming 1280-by-720-pixel, 4.5-inch row and includes a faster processor, but it exhibited disproportionate voice high quality and on the whole opening in our review. Our preferred touch-screen phone on Verizon waste the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx ($299.99, 4.5 stars), that offers insanely long battery life, a somewhat incomparable and crook screen, and a thinner on the whole design, although it’s extremely more costly than the Lucid.
Continuous speak time: 6 hours 43 minutes
More Cell Phone Reviews:
LG Lucid (Verizon Wireless)
Samsung Brightside (Verizon Wireless)
ZTE Fury (Sprint)
Samsung Milky Way S II (U.S. Cellular)
Samsung Milky Way S Blaze 4G (T-Mobile)
- Verizon Wireless Adds Good To Android Lineup; Bad News For RIM
- Verizon Wireless Plots Its Own V Cast Android Market: The Move Should Be Welcomed
- Samsung Milky Way Nexus (Verizon Wireless)
- Verizon Wireless Stops Being Coy, Confirms HTC Thunderbolt For Mar 17th At $249.99
- RIM BlackBerry Torch 9850 (Verizon Wireless)
- Samsung Milky Way Tab 10.1 (Verizon Wireless)
- LG Enlighten (Verizon Wireless)
- Bing For Android Hits The Verizon Wireless Marketplace
- Motorola Droid Pro Available At Verizon Wireless
- LG Vortex – Violet (Verizon Wireless)
- Motorola Droid Pro (Verizon Wireless)
- LG Vortex – Black (Verizon Wireless)
- Motorola Droid 3 (Verizon Wireless)
- Motorola Droid Razr (Verizon Wireless)
- Casio G’zOne Ravine (Verizon Wireless)
- OK Go’s Damian Kulash Explains Why His Band Built Its Own Mobile Game
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
Another readers interested about this :
casio rock vs ravine, casio ravine vs brigade, ravine vs boulder, brigade vs ravine, ravine vs brigade, casio boulder vs ravine, casio brigade vs ravine, boulder vs ravine, ravine vs rock, casio ravine vs rock