Ratings group Moody’s has lowered its debt rating for Nokia to nearby junk status, and warned that the firm is confronting even tougher times ahead.
In a note to investors currently Moody’s cut the world’s largest mobile handset manufacturer’s rating from Baa2 to Baa3, its lowest rating for investment rank stock.
“Nokia’s passing from one to another in its Smart Devices from Symbian-based phones to the Windows-based Lumia gadgets is proof more severe than approaching since that sales of Symbian-based gadgets are descending off really rapidly whilst Lumia sales are usually ramping up slowly,” the note reads. “Nokia’s stream Baa3 rating reflects Moody’s expectancy that Lumia gadgets will be agreed in the marketplace in 2012 with the help of cost and selling encouragement and that it will turn the third smartphone network next to Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS.”
No skepticism Nokia’s management, and Microsoft’s for that matter, are anticipating that Windows Phone will be a large strike and blossom to opponent Android and iOS, but there’s a outrageous way to go. In the meantime Nokia’s low-end phone business is being rapidly eroded by inexpensive Chinese contest Moody’s notes, whilst the group predicts more allowance will be indispensable to encouragement J.V. Nokia Siemens Networks next year.
It’s not all severe threat and low spirits is to Finns however. Moody’s records that Nokia has pot of around 10bn, rounded off twice its debt, and the firm right away has the Lumia line good in hand, even if it is having to give a few away giveaway .
Moody’s mentioned it would ascent Nokia once again if it showed indication of stepping up margins or got a lot of encouragement from buyers is to Lumia range. However, a serve move down is betrothed if things go on to obtain worse.
You could dispute that Moody’s was one of the ratings agencies that consistently transfered off sub-prime debt as investment rank element in the noughties and that it might good be incorrect ” indeed, Nokia’s share cost rose somewhat on Monday. But more than a few analysts are right away severely upset about Nokia’s future, with the firm losing both staff and customers, and in an grouping with Microsoft to pull an without a friend mobile working system.
- S&P Downgrades Google
- HTC Status Review
- Cobra Tag Finds Your Lost Keys, Phone, Other Junk
- HTC Status Is Strictly For Facebook Fans
- Survey Finds Little European Interest In Nokia Lumia 800
- Nokia-Microsoft Tie-up Could Shift Mobile Patent Wars
- Nokia Partners On Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Chief: Nokia To Talk Roadmap Next Week
- Nokia: Using Android Like ‘peeing In Your Pants For Warmth In Winter’
- Orange Exec: Windows Phone Fate Hangs On Nokia
- Why Nokia’s Windows Phones Are Better Than Good Enough [Nokia]
- Nokia Exec: Using Android Like ‘peeing In Your Pants’ For Warmth
- New Nokia Boss Drops Grenade: Hints At Strategy Shift
- Nokia Already Working On First Windows Phones
- Rumors Have Nokia Jumping On Windows Phone 7
- OK Go’s Damian Kulash Explains Why His Band Built Its Own Mobile Game
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?