Nokia is approaching to bring out a Windows 8 powered inscription after that this year, corroborating progressing reports that the phone hulk would let go a inscription this year .
Nokia’s pattern arch Marko Ahtisaari was quoted as saying: “We’re working on it,” in reply to questions over the company’s skeleton to rise a slate-like device is to consumer and business market, reports Reuters .
Earlier this week, Digitimes mentioned it expects a 10-inch Windows 8-based inscription by the fourth-quarter at the latest, according tosources upstream in the production process. The device would be ‘WoA’, or “Windows on ARM”, giving the device a aggressive corner in the already timeless inscription market.
Most other cover makers similar to Dell and HP have already voiced their efforts to encouragement Windows 8 on laptops and tablets.
But the pierce was not unexpected, as Microsoft and Nokia go on to do – actually frankly, badly – in the smartphone space as segment of its Nokia hardware and Windows Phone 7 plan.
The partnership was seen as Nokia’s panting for air as it bit by bit sunk, as the iPhone and Android marketplace bit by bit gobbles up what is left of Nokia’s once burly marketplace share. It only goes to uncover that whilst Nokia is not deceased yet, seeking back at how the firm has completed in the Windows-powered smartphones space already, a is interested to increase stress on the word: “yet”.
A Nokia orator remarkable the firm “continues to eye” the inscription market, but had no headlines on announcements at the time.
Image source: Microsoft/ CNET .
Nokia formulation Windows 8 powered inscription entrance in mid-2012
Nokia arch outlines Windows Phone strategy; warns of Android ‘uncertainty’
Nokia CEO sees ‘danger ahead’ for Android phone makers
In a post-Google-Motorola world, can pattern save HTC?
Windows Phone ‘Tango’ to be Microsoft’s descend price-point working system?
Nokia drops Symbian, underline phones in North America
Android makers: Why not hang a ‘sue me’ pointer on your back?
How Google-Motorola will change tech: Four ways
CNET: Windows 8 will entrance on ARM tablets at launch
- Nokia Already Working On First Windows Phones
- Nokia Windows Phone Will Not Support Qt, Symbian Developers Left High And Dry
- Windows Phone Chief: Nokia To Talk Roadmap Next Week
- Why Nokia’s Windows Phones Are Better Than Good Enough [Nokia]
- HP’s Very Nuanced View Of Android: We Support WebOS But…
- HP Slate 500 Windows 7 Tablet Launches For $799
- Marketplace For Windows Phone 7 Apps Now Working In India
- Rumors Have Nokia Jumping On Windows Phone 7
- Nokia’s Big Bet: Microsoft’s Windows Phone 7 On ‘other Side’ Can Save It
- Your Froyo Tablet Probably Won’t Support Android Market
- Nokia Reports Big Loss Despite Strong Windows Phone Sales
- What To Expect From Wednesday’s Amazon Event
- Nokia Partners On Windows Phone
- Editorial: Nokia’s Not Going To Switch To Android Or Windows Phone 7, So Stop It Already
- Nokia Says Windows Phone Deal On Schedule
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013