The Dark Knight Rises iOS game, Gameloft’s authorized action tie-in with Christopher Nolan’s wallop strike close to Warner Bros.’ Batman trilogy, brings hard-hitting lane probity to the iPad and iPhone. The $6.99 diversion lacks Nolan’s burly narrative, but captures the look and feel of The Dark Knight cinema whilst delivering what’s importanta fun, enchanting video diversion experience that stretches from Gotham City’s rooftops to its underbelly.
Spoiler alert: See the film before personification the diversion since the diversion features not usually Bane and Selina Kyle, but moreover a few of the discourse from the trailers and TV spots. we haven’t seen the film yet, so I’m not certain how ample of the film is marred in the game. Tread delicately if you wish to go in to the film fresh. The diversion spans 6 chapters (with multi-part missions per section) that take place in well-rendered indoor and outside settings. You whack baddies in heterogeneous locations trimming from rooftops to transport stations to skyscraper interiors to Gotham’s streets.
Gameloft, thankfully, mixes up the action so that gameplay never gets repetitive. You slide from rooftop to rooftop, bound on the Bat-Pod, and free-for-all foes mano-a-mano. The aware Batman themes highlight the action, adding a clarity of the theater and peril. The diversion saves frequently, so if you blow a mission, you’re not set back as well far back. That’s a acquire touch, notably in a mobile diversion that you might fool around in partial sessions on a reduce or in a watchful room.
The Dark Knight
Combat consists of striking, evading, and countering-each action’s mapped to an particular practical symbol when you’re in close vicinity to an enemy. You as the Caped Crusader can can jolt enemies from a stretch with the Batarang or draw towards them toward you after ensnaring them with your grapnel gun’s cable. You can unleash a few indeed splendid combo strings (highlighted by really cold slow-motion effects) that are suggestive of Rocksteady’s critically legendary Arkham Asylum and Arkham City games.
The Tech Shop is where Batman powers up his abilities and connected gadgetry. You can enlarge arms potency, Bat-Pod capabilities, and moreover clothes Master Wayne with abilities that make him even more bad ass. These upgrades, naturally, are earned; a few are unbarred when you attain a certain turn (Bat-Pod guns are existing at turn 26), and there is moreover a network for complete buy with credits. Yes, credits. You consequence them in-game by bringing honeyed lane probity to city vermin, but you can moreover buy them with real-life cash. The bottom buy is 2,000 credits for $1.99.
The Dark Knight Rises does a lot correct in capturing the feel of Nolan’s movies, but there are a few quibbles to address. Although The Dark Knight Rises features a wonderfully rendered Gotham City, the streets are surprisingly empty for a city that’s modeled, according to assorted DC Comics sources, on possibly Chicago or New York City. It’s a monolith of a city that could have benefitted from adults simply strolling down the street.
The camera can infer troublesome, too, that is a send consequence of having touchscreen controls. As there’s no earthy symbol to let you know when your finger has slipped off of it, you can unintentionally appropriate the screen, that shifts the camera. It took me a bit of time to adapt to the daub controls so that we wouldn’t be fighting villains blind.
Holy Quality, Batman!
The Dark Knight Rises is other exceedingly plain diversion from Gameloft, a firm that has mastered bringing near-console high quality games to the mobile space. It’s a parsimonious film tie-in that manages to prevent disappointment-a monument in the video-game industry. If you’re seeking for iOS Bat-action after saying the film, The Dark Knight Returns is value a download.
More Mobile Games Reviews:
Amazing Alex (for iPhone)
Amazing Alex (for Android)
Symphony of Eternity (for Android)
RPG Aeon Avenger (for Android)
Crow (for iPad)
- Chrome Rises At IE’s Expense; IPad Makes A Showing
- The Dark Side Of The Moon Immersion Box Set Is Your Reality Altering Deal Of The Day [Dealzmodo]
- Editorial: Firmware, Forums, And Desperation — The Dark Side Of Android Hacking
- BlackBerry Facing Dark Days; Pulls Out Messenger On Android, IOS Wildcard
- Funky Robot Balls Let You Play Glow-in-the-Dark Golf
- Hands-on: OnLive Comes To IPad And Other Tablets
- Sony’s Tablet S Could Be Next IPad Killer To Self Destruct, Analyst Argues
- Syte Shirt Redesigns IPad-toting Version, Introduces Smartphone Edition
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013