Apple iPad owners who register to Time Warner line right away have an app that will let them watch live TV directly on their tablets .
Launched today, the giveaway TWCable TV app streams the live line TV feed to the iPad around a Wi-Fi connection, meaning people can grasp their preferred shows from any room in the house.
An online duct guide lets viewers corkscrew to see that shows are currently on and that ones are forthcoming up next. Tapping on a specific uncover then streams it to the iPad. Subscribers will find shows announce in high-definition from a accumulation of line networks, inclusive AE, Bravo, Discovery, MSNBC, SyFy, and USA.
“We are tremendously vehement about this app, that is the initial of many that will enable our customers to strap the power of their tablet-type devices,” Time Warner Cable President Rob Marcus mentioned in a statement. “Helping our customers see the calm they’re profitable for on multi-part gadgets creates their Time Warner Cable subscription even more valuable, and they can design sufficient more from us in this space really soon.”
There are a couple of initial limitations. The service functions usually by Wi-Fi, so users can’t watch TV outward the residence around the iPad’s 3G connection. Customers contingency moreover register to Time Warner line TV and Internet to use the app.
And for now, usually around 30 channels are existing for live streaming, even though Time Warner Cable is earnest to increase more channels and beef up the app’s capabilities. Future enhancements will let subscribers river shows outward the home around Wi-Fi, set up a DVR to record shows, and use the iPad as a remote to manage both live and on-demand shows.
The app is matching usually with the iPad and requires iOS 4.2 or higher.
Looking at other line carriers, Dish Network subscribers can moreover download a giveaway app is to iPad and other mobile gadgets to let them watch live TV and recorded shows. Comcast not long ago voiced skeleton to launch its own TV-viewing app is to iPad and Android tablets after that this year.
- IPad Reading May Cut Into TV Time
- Comcast Preparing AnyPlay Live TV Streaming Service For The IPad
- How To Win A 32 GB IPad 2 From Vonage Time To Call
- Google Invitations Go Out: Music Store In Our Midst? [UPDATE: Google Has Not Reached Agreements With Sony And Warner]
- Netflix Launches In Brazil, 43 More Countries To Follow
- Apple Allows Subscription-based IPad Gaming For The First Time
- Redbox Launches Android App, Updates IPhone App
- Time Inc. Aims To Please Advertisers And Your Eyes, Making All Mags Tablet-friendly By Year’s End
- Making Time
- The 404 774: Where We Survive The Test Of Time (podcast)
- IPlayer Founder Launches Next Big TV Thing-Zeebox
- OnLive Player App For IPad And Android Tablets Meets The Public At E3 (update: Hands-on)
- You Can’t Call ‘time Out’ In Silicon Valley
- CNN Launches Free App For Android 3.0 Honeycomb Tablets
- Google Launches Homepage Shortcuts On Mobile
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013