Last year, Andreas Illiger’s Tiny Wings came out of nowhere to dare the likes of Angry Birds and Fruit Ninja for App Store dominance.
Since then, legions of fans have been watchful is to unavoidable continuation — and their calm has at last paid off. Tiny Wings 2.0 ($0.99) has arrived, but it’s not precisely a sequel. Instead, it’s an stretched chronicle of the initial — and a giveaway refurbish for those who already own it.
The core diversion waste the same. An appealing small bird bit by bit propels himself opposite the mountainous country and valleys of the assorted islands that offer as the game’s levels. The usually “control” is your finger, that you daub and grip when he’s shifting down a mountain and let go on the upturn. Time it correct and the small birdie soars skyward.
The objective is to time your taps and binds to accomplish limit velocity, thereby staying forward of the imminent sunset. It’s simple, enchanting fun.
Version 2.0 adds Flight School, a new mode of fool around that’s basically a race: You contingency outpace (make that outfly) 3 other birds to the complete line, that in this box is mother’s nest. First place gets the fattest fish, second place the next-fattest, and so on. You have to place at least third to pierce on.
Flight School has 15 levels expansion opposite 3 islands, with the guarantee of more to come. Along the way you’ll find a couple of new helpers and hazards, that we won’t ruin here. Ultimately, it’s a unequivocally fun turn on the original, adding a aggressive component that was scarce before.
Tiny Wings was already a soothingly pastel-colored knockout, but right away it’s even more poetic interjection to newly updated Retina support. And vocalization of which, Illiger has at last combined an iPad -native version: Tiny Wings HD ($2.99).
If you’re grumbling that Illiger didn’t make it a concept app, know that Tiny Wings HD includes a third diversion mode: Hill Party. This two-player mode splits the iPad shade in half for a head-to-head (beak-to-beak?) race. The leader is the first to gather 10,000 points or obtain the most appropriate measure on 5 levels.
Tiny Wings 2.0 brings a acquire refurbish to the initial and an even bigger diversion to the iPad. Now how about an Android version!
- Dutchman Flies Like A Bird With Homemade Wings
- App Store For Mac Highlights Two Major App Store Flaws
- Tiny USB Stick Brings Android To PCs, TVs
- Motorola Doubles Down With The Atrix 2 Android Phone
- Review: The Roku 2 XS Does Internet Media Streaming, Motion Gaming In A Tiny Package
- Mac App Store Low On Freebies, High On Games
- Sony Reveals PlayStation Suite Framework, Store For Android Gaming
- IPhone 4, App Store Nab Guinness World Records
- Digital Blend: Yet Another Tiny IPad Rumor And Yet Another Top-shelf Xbox Live Arcade Release In Trials Evolution
- Modu Reveals The T, A Tiny Modular Brewphone, Keeps Us Waiting For The Android-based W
- Gadget Lab Podcast: Big Google News, Tiny New Smartphone
- Faster Firefox, Tiny Serial Numbers, And Secret Files [From The Tips Box]
- Pogoplug Launches Cloud Sync’n'store Service
- Desk Pets’ TankBot Rolls Out With Android And IOS Support, Is The Tiny Racer In Your Hand
- Gadget Lab Podcast: WWDC Tickets, Android Tablets, Tiny James May And Tin-Can Telephony
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013