The firm has moreover only updated a underline called “MapShare” to the iPhone app, that has delivered 14 million certified user-created chart updates to the service already. The firm is moreover seeking at what Murray called “multiplatform navigation” — the thought that your smartphone could work with the navigation device in your automobile to traffic directions back and forth. Despite all of the improvements to the iPhone app so far, Murray told us that the iPhone app’s volumes for users are “a fragment of the dedicated units” — there are still lots more PND users on the roads out there than iPhone navigation users, according to Tom Tom.
Finally, we asked tangentially about any skeleton is to iPad, but Murray fixed that in many cases, the use patterns between Apple’s phones and its inscription are as well not similar for navigation program to obtain involved. The greatest regard in that arena, mentioned Murray, is safety — Murray mentioned that “safety is a priority” for all of the company’s devices, and the iPad doesn’t indispensably lend itself to protected use in the car. But all possibilities are still open, and even as other mobile markets, similar to Android, go on the rise, Tom Tom will keep its options open.
As we said, it was glorious to verbalise with a Tom Tom deputy — the firm has unquestionably found a good high-end place in smartphone navigation, and it’s great to see the regular updates and encouragement is to company’s apps. Stay tuned for more coverage of Tom Tom’s wake up on the App Store.
- Study: IPhone Users Would Give Up Their Toothbrushes Before Their Devices
- IPhone, Android “most Desired” Smartphones For Upgraders In The U.S.
- 80% Of Mobile Videos Watched Happen On IOS Devices
- IOS Devices Popular On Surveyed Restaurant Wi-Fi Networks
- Smartphones Dominate U.S. Mobile Purchases
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013