On yesterday’s gain discussion call with analysts, Apple CEO Steve Jobs went on a right away well-publicized diatribe about the contest , spending a satisfactory amount of time perplexing to execute Android as a complex, untidy network that has so many not similar versions that it’s a calamity for app developers. To expostulate home his point, he used the e.g. of TweetDeck, the renouned Twitter app.
Twitter client, Twitter Deck, not long ago launched their app for Android. They reported that they had to say with more than 100 not similar versions of Android program on 244 not similar handsets. The multi-part hardware and program iterations present developers with a daunting challenge. Many Android apps work usually on choosen Android handsets running choosen Android versions. And this is for handsets that have been shipped reduction than 12 months ago. Compare this with iPhone, where there are two versions of the software, the stream and the many new prototype to assessment against.
That sounds similar to a nightmare, huh? But may be it wasn’t. Early this morning, TweetDeck owner Iain Dodsworth shot off a rapid twitter that read:
Maybe Jobs should have asked them how they felt about it before he spoke for them. Just sayin’.
Also see: Apple’s Jobs pans Android: Integrated will trump modular models?
- Twitter Tuesday – Kiwi For Mac And Tweetdeck For Android Get Updates
- Steve Jobs Was Ready For “Thermonuclear War” With Google [Steve Jobs]
- Bits: Twitter Acquires TweetDeck Software
- Jobs: ‘I’ll Spend My Dying Breath Destroying Android’
- Jobs Dubs Google’s ‘open’ Android Speak ‘disingenuous’
- Steve Jobs Felt Android Was A ‘stolen Product’
- Steve Jobs Trashes Google’s Android In New Bio, Google Declines To Comment
- Steve Jobs: Microsoft Is ‘mostly Irrelevant’
- ZDNet: Adobe’s No Longer Developing Flash For Mobile Devices (Updated)
- The Best Windows Twitter Clients: From TweetDeck To Tweetc
- Jobs Wanted To ‘destroy’ Android, Biography Says
- Steve Jobs Vowed To “destroy Android” According To Biography
- OBTW: Heres The Audio Of Steve Jobs Blasting Android [Updated With Fake Steve's Take On This]
- (Fly Or Die) Can TweetDeck’s New IPhone App Survive A Twitter Acquisition
- Microsofts Ballmer: Android Isnt Really Free You Have To Pay Us For Patents
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013