The iSites.us site has rebranded itself currently as GENWI (the name of the primogenitor company) and stretched to offer iPad app origination in add-on to iPhone and Android apps. With a candid CMS engine, the service lets you emanate possibly mobile HTML5 web apps or loyal local apps around your content, delivering a digital publication experience without coding or endless growth chops.
The core of GENWI is a feed aggregation/cloud calm apparatus that website owners or publishers can indicate at their feeds (including RSS, ATOM, iTunes, or law XML and homegrown APIs) to automatically refurbish calm inside of the app. Publishers can simply classify and rearrange the app’s sections, insert law statement posts, agree to amicable media sharing, increase images/rich media (audio or QuickTime/MP4 video) and more. Like any great app platform, promotion services are bundled in to the system.
The new iPad example provides many more visible customizations, as befits the incomparable actual estate of the inscription apps. While the present HTML5 apps and the local iPhone/Android apps may be entirely skinned and graphically customized, the iPad GENWI apps may be rearranged and laid out in more complex ways. Customers moreover have the choice of conceptualizing a full HTML5/CSS skin from graze and plugging it in to the GENWI platform.
GENWI’s low-end outline charges US$99/month is to app back-end services, casing up to 100K app interactions (page views, etc.); you contention the apps by your own Apple developer account, that is a well-defined $99/year cost. If you wish to broach the iPad experience, though, you’re seeking at the $499/month Professional outline ; that puts this service out of the attain of many unintentional publishers and hobbyists.
Back in March, our colleagues at Download Squad did a full rundown on the ‘Instant App’ authoring inside of GENWI (then branded as iSites). Check it out here .
- PARC To Submit Content-Centric Networking Code To Android
- IPad And IPhone Kindle Apps Get Real Page Numbers
- MLB.com CEO Bob Bowman Talks About Selling Content On The IPhone
- Bizness Apps Makes Simple Mobile Apps For Your Small Business
- App Store Unofficially Hits 100,000 IPad Apps
- ICloud: Big Step For Content Management, But Not For The Cloud
- Adobe Shows Three Amazing IPad Apps For Photoshop
- Adobe Photoshop Touch Is Coming To Android Tablets Before The IPad [Apps]
- Roqbot Crowdsources In-Store Music For The Gap With Android, IPhone Apps [Apps]
- Photoshop Touch SDK Brings First Wave Of More Powerful IPad Apps From Adobe
- Can Microsoft Create A Single OS To Use On All Electronic Devices?
- IPhone And IPad Are Preferred By Physicians Says Survey
- Box.com Spreads Support With Apps For Android Tablets, BB PlayBook
- My6sense Brings Personalized Content Ranking App To Android Phones
- Portal For IPhone [Apps]
- The 5 Coolest Things From The Google I/O Keynote
- AppArchitect Lets Anyone Build IOS Apps, No Coding Or Templates Necessary
- IOS App Store Accounts For Nearly 75% Of Mobile App Download Revenue
- Google Keep
- Polaris Office 4.0 (for Android)
- More Images Of Suspected Milky Way S4 Appear On Web
- Must-have NFC Smartphones
- IPhone 5 Problems: What Users Complain About The Most (updated)
- Google Rolls Out Changes To Mobile Gmail Web App, Gets IOS-inspired Design
- Google Field Trip: Exploration Without The Effort
- Skype Competitor Viber Hits 175 Million Users, Up From 140 Million+ In December
- Galaxy Note 8.0 Hands On: The 8-Inch Tablet That’s An 8-Inch… Phone
- HTC One Ditches Megapixels For Ultrapixels
- Consumer Spending On Mobile Games Tops That For Portable Consoles
- Toy Fair 2013: ‘America’s Funniest Home Videos’ Board Games Includes QR Cards To Enhance Game
- 8 Apps To Help You Survive A Storm
- Apple May Be Earning Up To $1 Billion This Year From Google Search On IOS Devices
- Worldwide Smartphone Usage Will Reach 1.4 Billion This Year
- What To Know About BlackBerry 10?
- Mobile Miscellany: Week Of January 28th, 2013